cannot belive its all over

• 2 replies
  • 27 subscribers

My Husband died at 3.55 pm  yesterday. He had been in so much pain that it was the most horrible thing i have ever seen, He had been asking them to let him dye for days as couldnt bare it any more, His wish was to dye at home and even though i am worn out with all the care that involved  i would do it again in a hear beat for him, he was the love of my life and he died holding mine and daughters hands.

I am now completely devastated at loosing him but at least the pain has stopped for him.

Why do we have to endure  so much pain.

Everywhere i turn there are reminders of David and dont know how i am going to get through this.

it is just so raw all i do is cry, we should have had years ahead of us he was only 60 and going to take early retirement this year.

So sorry for everybody going this awful time xx

• I am so sorry to hear about your loss. You have to take the small comforts that he is no longer in pain, and that you did everything you could to make him happy in his last hours. 

it’s good that you are grieving, bottling it up is worse, you and your daughter need to hold on to the memories and remember no one is truly gone unless you want them to go x he will be in your heart and mind forever. 

keep talking to people, thinking of you and take it day by day. Xxx 

always here x

• Hello,

I am so sorry to hear about your husband.

My husband died in August, sounds very much like the experience you have just been through. Both of our daughters were there too and we made sure that he was as comfortable as possible and talked to him til he took his last breath. We all knew he was no longer suffering, but it is still so hard to accept. We're all devastated, as you are, but there is so much to do arranging the funeral and sorting everything out, that I didnt really have time to think about anything until just lately. It all hits me very hard sometimes and then other times I still think someone is going to tell me it was all a cruel dream (or nightmare).They're not and its very real.

Just be really kind to yourself, take all the support you are offered and talk about your husband. Try not to think of the illness as defining him, but of the good times that you did have. I'm sure there will be many more tears and your emotions, like mine and everyone else's in this position, will seesaw up and down. 

My husband was 69 and had been retired for several years, but we still had plans and dreams - I can't dwell on them, or I would send myself mad. We do have to carry on and I am going to try and make my husband proud of me, by getting on with my life in as positive a way as possible.

Take care,

Love

Lynne x (Llamalover)