Second anniversary

• 11 replies
  • 27 subscribers

This Friday ( 17th September) will be the second anniversary of Mike’s death. I’m going to be with my family at my son’s home. My little grandson will be there as well as my daughter and my mother. It will be nice to be together after a really difficult Covid period ( my mother hasn’t seen my grandson for almost 2 years! He’s 3 now). It’s been a difficult year as well because I have started seeing someone and my family have found this difficult to accept. I’m posting because I just wanted to reach out to people who I know understand some or all of what I’m experiencing. It’s a maelstrom of emotion; I’m very teary to outright sobbing ( just now hence the post) most of the time since the beginning of September. I remember the feelings from last year. I think I miss him more than ever but I’ve discovered it’s possible to love someone else too, at the same time. The heart it seems, is elastic. If anyone had any words of wisdom or advice or anything at all, I’d love to hear.

My warmest wishes to everyone on here, living with the loss of a partner. It’s a journey none of would have chosen to go on. 

Alison x

• Yes I think bereavement counselling might be a good idea. I thought about it a few times but always thought that I'm doing alright. I'm not sad, I'm active, lots of friends and family etc. But maybe it'd good to have an external point of view on where I stand. Thanks for reminding me. X

(And yes she is indeed amazing)