Lost and heartbroken

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 14 replies
  • 26 subscribers

My husband passed away on Thursday from throat cancer. I’m 36 years old and we have a 17 month old baby. Im left with our business to run which scares the hell out of me. I can’t take any time off as I have to support myself and my baby. We both have big families so I’m lucky I have a big support network. I’ve stopped eating. I’ve tried to eat but I physically cannot stomach anything to eat and I know I have to be strong for my baby. I’ve never lost anyone before and this is the first time I’ve experienced grief. I’m totally heartbroken. There’s so much to sort out. I’m devastated that we can only have 30 people attend his funeral. I just feel sick all the time and so so sad. I miss him so much. 

• I lost my lovely husband in January . He was 59 and died a few days before our first grandchild was born. The baby has kept me and both our children going these passed months. She is a light in the gloom. Your story is heartbreaking. Dont try to be happy or over anything. The little one is his legacy , in your care, you will find a way. Be kind to yourself, God Bless you x

• your situation is heartbreaking - I have no words to help, just to know that you are heard and felt for - really sorry for you and your baby - keep checking in  here if it helps, even just to say what is going on for you. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Akela2516

Thank you Alison. That means a lot. X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thank you NellieJ. Not been on for a few days as I’ve been so busy. It’s Sunday and it’s quiet at home so thought I’d come on here. I’m actually now having to self isolate for 14 days so finding it Cryfficult today. It’s so hard to be on your own when you have lost a loved one Cry