Another Job Done

• 9 replies
  • 33 subscribers

Hi Everyone

Hope you are all staying safe, and getting threw this other Lockdown.

Well all i can say that is not a job i will be doing any time soon, hubby always did it he enjoyed doing it.

Yes cleaning the oven omg, all  i can say i will not be doing that again in a hurray, rather paint the seven fence panel's again and cut the grass.

Off to do the ironing, after that performance  this will be a pleasure.

Take Care Ellie xx

• That the one job I always hate doing its nearly as bad as clearing out the junk draw alot of mess before thing start to look better 

Kate xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi all.  Lynn used to wash the curtains, which was her usual job with grass mowing mine etc.   So in the summer, I thought it’s about time my living room curtains got a wash, weather was good really hot so ideal.   In the washer they went, me feeling quite proud almost cocky.  After a while my washer sounded like it had a football bouncing around in it, that’s odd I thought.   Well what came out did look like a football.  Solid round and all stuck together.  What a disaster.  

We’ve all been thrown in the deep end in one way or another, learning on the go.

Take care.   Peter xx

• Hi Jebel

Now that  made me  laugh, my hubby did not know how to use the washer, a bit like me on cutting grass and painting the fence.

Now i would rather do the gardening, your right the things we are having to learn, bit  like when my son asked for a Philips   screwdriver err a screwdriver  aren't they all the same oh mother the reply.

Its not always easy learning new things but we have no other choice.

Hope your doing ok.

Take Care Ellie x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to ellie 73

Pleased I made you laugh.  I’m okay thanks hope you are too.  Phillips screwdriver yes but Lynn’s sewing machine I wouldn’t know where to start Joy

xx

Peter

• Hi Ellie i think that cleaning the oven is the worse housework job ther is! I leave it till i have to do it, dont mind ironining or dishes but no the oven cleaning is deffo the worst ,unfortunatly my hubby used to hate it as well so iv always had to do it  Take care xx

• Ha - the cooker - last year our christmas present to oursleves was to have someone round who did it - sparkling - amazing - astonishing and he really loved his job and was excited that it was so filthy. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

It’s 14 months of being on my own and I’m staggered at the amount of things in the house that need cleaning compared to when Sharon was around.. I’ve got a whole load of new skill sets that non of my male mates appreciate - my excitement at ‘a good day for washing ‘ is just met with a blank stare.

Sharon had a touch of CDO (it’s like OCD but in alphabetical order the way it should be) and the house was always spotless and everything in perfect order, tins facing the right way and fruit perfectly placed in the bowl which I used to get told off for rearranging (sometimes accidentally, sometimes not) 

I used to get my instructions and do all the physical stuff.

Teamwork, another thing I so miss

• There's so much excitement behind a good day for washing!! Getting the clothes out on the line and bringing them in with that lovely smell of fresh air - beau ti ful!! There are all the invisible jobs too like dusting the skirting boards/walls and coving etc, Colin could see all of those and did his fair share. This year I will try to put up the Christmas tree, dec's and lights (if I can be ar$ed) I've already been in the garden and given the fucshia bush a bad haircut and hacked the dahlia back that the frost got to last week!! At least one of the lads gave the grass a final cut last week as per his dad's instructions!! We were a good team tooHugging I miss him hoovering (he would correct me to vaccuming) , I used to call him a Hooverholic!!!

:

Tomorrow is another day
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Today has been lightbulb changing day, for some reason I was struck for the first time by how much taller than me Patrick was as he didn’t have to whip the step ladder out to change a bulb and I’m dragging it from room to room having decided there is a limit to how many dead bulbs you can put up with