After a quiet time away from our site.

• 10 replies
  • 26 subscribers

I lost the love of my life Anne 15months ago from pancreatic cancer. We were married 50yrs. Since then I've been drifting through life like a mindless robot. No enthusiasm for anything. Fishing and Tai Chi were my interests. Ive done neither since losing my Anne. Whats the point? Recently I'm having anger issues. I think I've upset a few people and I dont know why. The rage in me is uncontrollable when I kick off and I'm ashamed of myself afterwards. But I'm 74. What the hell is happening to me?

Geoff x

• Perhaps you need to seek  so help, ask the gp, grieve counselling or anger management.

Perhaps some people that you have upset see your anger and did not like it, only you can get this sorted.

Ellie x

• Thanks Ellie,

That was very helpfull

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.

• Sorry if it was a bit near the mark, but there is no need to suffer like this, there is help out there, though you have to ask.

Ellie x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to ellie 73

Hi Geoff 

may be you good try doing tai chi again to try and calm down are you still drinking too much 

Ellie is right you should ask for help we all need a little help some times 

take care 

Martin 

• Hi Geoff

Don't forget anger is a part of grief. Perhaps you are stuck in that stage at the moment. We all grieve differently.

I would imagine your are a tough guy that wouldn't rush for counseling, not that I have felt the need myself yet but perhaps you do need some to move to the next stage.

Then you may find a purpose in life. I am fortunate that my two children are still home and they do give me that purpose along with work. The dating didn't work but that was more a poor choice of idiot!!! But now on to being me and see what comes along next! Try and be open to new ideas and friends. I have found so many old friends are still there. I am enjoying coffee, gin evenings, a good old chat etc.

Don't give up

Love and hugs Alison xxx

• Hello Geoff, nice to see you back - there is  a lot to be cross about - I find having a good rant in The Room discussion group useful. - or the other one Express Yourself. 

For myself rage is often a front  for deep sadness - I recognise in myself fronting out my sadness with rage or comic nonsense. 

I guess rage is some sort of energy - sometimes keeps us going if we can harness it.  I am still slightly ashamed of threatening to take off the head of an old git in a car park who blamed his inability to park within a space and seemed unable to drive - he blamed it on me - not one of my finest moments.  

( oh and I got a pop up on this message about domestic abuse - guess its the bit about the car park - m

• Dear All

Thanks for replying and all stories and advice. Its good to be back my friends.

Geoff x

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Geoff, i lost my partner in April.I'm only 33, but believe me,I know what you are talking about. I'm keep loosing it at work,everywhere. I hope it just the phase and we will get through that

• Work is like double edged sword- it's a place of some kind of normality and frustration at stuff that is so trivial to us bereavers but it p's us off to the point where we get so mad you want to slap some fecker!!! Thank goodness for the masks we have to wear, we can say 'up yours' and they don't even know Joy keep on keeping on Zuzanka Fistx

Tomorrow is another day
  • I am so sorry for your loss. You are five years younger than me! We have lost our partners so early in life to this cruel disease. Isn't it terrible? So many years we could have left together if this illness hadn't taken them so early.

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds.