Colin's birthday

• 7 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Tuesday 20th October marks 'what would have been Colin's 59th birthday, my first without him  :(

My plan is to be at the cemetery on Sunday and Tuesday for a couple of hours and invite friends and family to pop up and have a Colin the caterpillar cake and a nip of port to toast him. Just need some good weather and people to turn up  :)  

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

That’s a lovely touch with Colin the caterpillar cake and a toast.  We all know here key dates like birthdays can be a challenge for people left behind, in fact my Lynn’s birthday was yesterday.   I bought her a nice birthday card along with some scratch cards, my son scratched them off but they didn’t win.   Will be thinking of you BootsyD tomorrow and next Tuesday, wishing you good weather and a good turnout.   Peter xx

• Glad you marked Lynns birthday with a card and the thrill of a scratchy is exciting till the last itch lol!!! Happy Birthday seems an odd phrase to use when your other half is no longer wirh you - but we will remember our happier days Heart eyes xx the forecast is ok for Sunday but persistent rain on Tues UmbrellaUmbrellaxx

Tomorrow is another day
  • I made Ric a birthday cake and bought myself a love knot ring to mark the occasion. We toasted him as it was a Sunday with Sunday roast. He always celebrated birthdays more than me

Have a good birthday Colin

Love and hugs Alison xxx

• It was a really nice afternoon at the cemetery.  The weather was good and quite a few friends and family who will be at work on Tue came up and had cake and a nip of port. BugWine glass I made a picture collage of just Colin on his own from being a little boy up to being a grandad!! It's very amateur as I am no crafter or artist but I pleasantly surprised myself!!! Same again for TUmbrellaesday nut with brolies Umbrella

Tomorrow is another day
  • Sounds lovely Bootsy

XXXTwo heartsTwo hearts

• Tuesday's forecast from Saturdays prediction was rubbish!! The brollies were not required at all today and everything went as well as Sunday did. I was at the cemetery from 1.45-6.45pm with 3 of Colins lads there most of the day. Work colleagues came too for cake and port. A beautiful 2 special days Heart exclamationxx

Tomorrow is another day
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to BootsyD

I’m pleased both days went well BootsyD, Colin would be proud of you xx