Positive achievements in our darkest journey

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 41 replies
  • 29 subscribers

So let’s here things that you have achieved that you are struggling to do during our grieving period to perhaps spur someone else on during these darkest of days 

I managed to actually get outside and go for a run. Ok I had tears rolling down my cheeks but I did it!

Sheila x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

Glad you got out for a run.

I have just got in from going outside front of house, to sweep all the leaves that had accumulate, i have been putting it of for a long while, last time it was down was day before funeral. 

Made tea and saw your thread, it was only a little job but a big one for me.

Take Care Ellie xx 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Well done Ellie, they are only small things but big achievements when nothing in life feels worthwhile when you are grieving the loss of a loved one so pat on the back for both of us.

Even if we just do one little thing a day then we should feel proud. I need to go into the garden and do lots of little joss which I think will be easier when the light nights are here and might get me off the sofa feeling sorry for myself.

Keep it up, one foot in front of the other.

Sheila

• FormerMember

Think we both deserve a pat on the back, mind i was swearing under my breath, i should not being doing this, it's your job.

Ar least we have both made an effort lol.

Ellie xx

• Hi all

small steps forward is a little victory isn’t it and our loved ones will be so proud of us all.

tonight, I’m going to a gig, tickets were bought for my husband and I. I thought about giving them away but I am being brave, going to gig with our niece. 

We loved our music and live gigs, if I feel a bit wobbly I will start singing even louder!

I will let you all know how it went.

much love

Grief is the flip side of love
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Ebony12

Hi Ebony12

That is lovely, he will be there with you i am sure, singing at the top of his voice.

Try and enjoy your hubby would want that.

Take Care Ellie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Sheila 

well done for going out for your  run today 

martin x

• FormerMember

And i'v just been to the ym and my PT has given me a workout so I won't be able to walk for a week and ontop of that she cooked me a healthy meal to come home with as she can tell from my loss of definition that i'm not eating or in my case just eating junk food.

People can be so very kind can't they.

Plan is to eat healthy meal and have an early night so if I sob as I usually do I might be asleep before midnight which will also be a positive.

Sheila

• FormerMember

Hi Sheila 

you have had a busy day did you eat breakfast  I have restricted myself to one takeaway a week but two last weekend.  Have tried taking nytol tablets they will help you sleep better I took them for a month  

what shall I attempt to cook for dinner I will look look in the freezer and decide if I can burn it or not 

Martin x

• FormerMember

I had a banana for breakfast but I never have done breakfast. It’s a running joke in my family because I really can’t cook and I mean not even a boiled egg my husband was a wonderful chef so I was spoiled. My PT cooks for me or Marks and Spencer’s I’ve been given so many cook books but see all the ingredients and put them back in the cupboard but I am going to have to learn cannot live rest of my life on ready meals. Hope you manage to find something tasty in the freezer.

i use nitol liquid, it works but not been using it recently but need to get a good nights sleep.

we are trying aren’t we

Sheila

• FormerMember

Hi 

found a pizza and had couple of egg and bacon sandwiches  I have ready meals too I can cook a shepherds pie and casserole but sometimes can’t be ask too I never use to eat breakfast but it seems to make more hungry at lunch time  when I get home from work I think can I be asked to cook  

I used the nytol tablets for over a month now I go to bed think of happy times I wake up most nites have cup of tea go back to bed. 
    you must not give up some day I want too  

Martin x