Don’t know what to do

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 26 subscribers

My husband best friend soul mate and love of my life. Passed away yesterday at home in his bed. 
I am left with 3 little children.

i am lost

i don’t know what to do.

• Hi Agentgr8 

I am so so sorry for your loss, you must still be in a state of shock and numbness, my wife passed away in July but my 3 children are all adults now. It must be so hard with little ones. I hope you have good family around you . I am afraid there is nothing I can say that will ease the pain you are feeling. Try and take it an hour at a time eat and sleep when you can and take any help that is offered.

you must take care of yourself for the sake of your children. Mike 

Love you always Winnie xx
  • The most important thing now is to take care of yourself. Accept any and all offers of help from friends and family. If needed, ask your local council to help you with a welfare advisor who can at least assist with the paperwork that has to happen now. But, I would advise you give yourself a couple of weeks to simply process. It is going to be a long, hard row to hoe. My husband passed away 14 months ago and I still feel as if I am living in some sort of surreal dream. 

I wish I could tell you that the sense of loss and complete sense of not knowing what to do will ease, but it hasn't really for me yet. But I know in time it will and there are days that are honestly happy and light. Grief, as they say, is the flip side of love. The more we loved, the more grieve. So remember that, when you feeling so lost and sad, that the depth of your grief is a tribute to the depth of your love.

I send you gentle hugs and thoughts of peace...

Martha

"i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart) ..."
    Life must end, but love is eternal.