My precious husbands funeral is tomorrow

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 13 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Tomorrow is the day of my husbands funeral  . My soul mate  my partner, my friend   the love of my life.     We found out he had cancer and in 6 months he was gone  He died in my arms      And then I had to let him go. How will I ever, ever go on without him here   I love you sweetheart.   I keep you in my heart   Until we meet again xxxxxxxxx

• I cremated my husband today,I did him proud,the crowds,the farewells, but I now enter an empty home,will I ever have this horrible emptiness feel less absorbing in my life,he was 53yrs diagnosed in january died 18th September, my love for ever as he was my soulmate Broken heart

• hi, i don’t know whether or when  emptiness will go away as I am similar but from what I have read from others on this forum it does get easier.  My  Rob was 54 in July, We sold our house in April and moved into rented accommodation as we had decided to move to Spain.  May he was diagnosed with cancer and died in August.  His send off was lovely and summed him up. 

Think of the wonderful times you would have had in your home and the good times you shared together, unfortunately being in rented accommodation I don’t have any good memories as he was ill and passed here.  

Big hugs to you

Glenis 

• Sorry for your loss,he sounds a wonderful man and right to the very end you both had your life in Spain together, that will be hard for you being away from somewhere more familiar to you both,I really hope you can find your peace wherever you feel to decide,I'm sure he will be beside you anywhere you feel that's right for you,my husband died in hospital as he was too weak to come home,I attend that same hospital every 2 weeks, same lifts ,same corridors,I kind of understand your heartache 

1.         Hope you find a peace in your heart and a place that you can cherish your husband