Miss her so much

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 25 subscribers

On the 5th April 2019 my wife and soul mate lost her brave battle with bowel cancer she had it just over 2 years in the early days she had chemo we were then told it had spread and palliative care was the only option given 3 to 6 months that was 16 months ago my babe always said she would go when she was ready and not when told she fell asleep in the end but I'm totally devastated she was the reason I got up in the morning I don't know how to carry on I have grown up step children but dont have much do with them and they are coping themselves their loss of mum nothing seems important any more I talk to her all the time but nothing seems to help 

• Hi Big Lad

Things are very raw for you just now.

I know exactly what you mean about your wife being the reason to get up.  All I can say is it does get easier. I know that's probably of little consolation,  but every single one of us who have found ourselves here have felt exactly the way you are feeling now.

I know it's hard,  and you probably have a myriad of things to sort through at the moment.  Give yourself time. Allow yourself  to miss your wife and grieve the fact that she is no longer with you. There is no shame in feeling the way you are. We have all been there I promise you that.

At the start of my journey (1 year and 1 day ago  now) numerous people told me "be kind to yourself" and that has stuck with me. Take everything as slowly as you need to,  but take time for you and if you can't get out of bed for a day then so be it.

In my early days someone sent me this little quote.  

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow"

I'm sorry you have found yourself here,  but glad you have reached out.

B -x-

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Beezmouse

I completely agree with you Beezmouse 

I didn't look past the next hour  am or pm. It is little steps. I've always thought live to do what he (my husband) couldn't and he wouldn't want me sad. Still now I am on the see saw of feelings. My sympathies to you Big Lad and you can always post on here. Macmillan  also support the bereaved so call them if you need to speak to someone. Take care 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Beezmouse

Thank you for your kind words tough day today but as you've said I'll try again tomorrow 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks it's feels like a roller coaster at the moment I will try to talk to Macmillan 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I know exactly where you're coming from. My wife died last October; we'd been together since teenagers-42 years and now half of me is missing. personally I do think I'm learning to cope a bit better every week. I still have the tears when I least expect them. Read some of the other discussions we all feel we need to let children/grown up children have their grieving with out loading ours on to them.

Thinking of you at this tough time

Ian