daughters cancer is back!!!

• 1 reply
  • 11 subscribers

We found out last Wednesday that my daughters ovarian cancer is back but has moved to her lungs, we start full chemo on 23rd.  

• Hi  and welcome to the online community

I'm really sorry to read that your daughter's ovarian cancer has returned and also spread to her lungs. Although I had a different type of cancer I know what a difficult time this will be for the whole family.

As you know, the online community is divided up into different support groups so I'm going to recommend that you also join the ovarian cancer and secondary lung cancer groups, which are great places to ask questions and share experiences with others who are either dealing with this cancer themselves or have a family member with this cancer, and also either the carers only group, if you are your daughter's carer, or the family and friends group if you're not. Both of these groups are safe and supportive places where you can share your feelings and get support with others who have someone living with cancer.

To join any of these groups just click on the links I've created and then choose 'click to join' or 'join' (depending on the device you're using) on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself and post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could pop something about your daughter's diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

If you have any difficulty navigating the community just drop me a reply and I'll be pleased to help.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"