My Dog has supported me for last 16 months whilst going through breast cancer!

• 5 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Today had to put my loving kind dog to sleep through being poorly. He has been my soul mate for 14yrs since I adopted him & supported me through last 16 months whilst going through breast cancer treatment.

I'm lost without him but know I've got to get through the loss of him. 

It's only day 1 & need to keep going. Going to bed with him tonight not by side is hard, cuddled up but he is at peace now. 

Sorry but grieving & finding it hard without my gorgeous lad. 

• Hi   I am so very sorry for your loss, I know the pain you are going through right now. You need to give yourself time to adjust to life without your best friend, and this will take time. I hope you can take comfort from knowing that you gave your boy the best life possible, and all the love that you both felt will stay with you forever xx 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Thank you for your kind words. xx

• I’m so sorry about your loss, I don’t think enough people understand just what a magical bond we can have with our animals.  I’m very much a dog person and we lost our beautiful girl in October - I still miss her terribly and talk to her all the time.

I found it helped a bit when I planted a lovely hellebore in the garden with a metal heart on a pole behind it so I can go and have a chat and tell her what’s going on.

You are right at the beginning of grieving for your lad whilst fighting your own battle, it must be so hard, I hope you’ve got good support around you.

Take care.  J x

• Good idea to think of something to remember Pip in garden as still talk to him in house though knowing he's not here. Plant will be good. Thank you. x

• Oh what a shame. He has been your mainstay, bless him. Struggling not to cry here because I love dogs but don’t have one myself.Look after yourself. He will be with you in spirit