Dogs vs Humans - no contest - beware its a rant

• 19 replies
  • 13 subscribers

This is a rant... but might just help save some of my long term human relationships. Maybe this belongs in the Ranting Room but for you to read or not. ...

The back drop is it is 5 months since my partner died from cancer and this week has been difficult. 3 Days after the funeral we went into lock down isolation plus and somehow coming out feels quite tricky...

DOGS because....

They don't ask you relentless questions you cannot answer... The don't give advice...., they don't say really stupid things like,"its so soon, its been 5 months are you getting better"  ."nice to be getting out again and getting back to normal (Covid shite talk)"   my normal is not back to normal,.... .   

They don't start pretending they are experts by one remote experience.......a cavalier King Charles I knew had cancer of the X ........they don't offer opinions and more opinions and more opinions......

The dogs are are still here and don't leave a crater in my guts/heart/innerds/giblets.............they are always there and friends seem to think its all done and are off not being there .........they give me unconditional love and gaze at me when I am alone in the house most of the time..........they have loved lockdown and don't moan about it........

They don't give a F~@* whether they have had a hair cut or their nails done .........they don't demand (much apart from biscuit, squirrel, walk ).......they gaze and love me........they don't pretend to be experts  in bereavement when they haven't been through it...........

I am trying to be more dog....just take it slow, easy and wag but I am finding the humans difficult. 

I  feel better for posting, maybe like I have just cocked my leg on the neighbours bicycle.  I didn't know where else to put these feelings. Hope you are feeling dog today - 

• Hi Nellie, Roxanne was a rescue 12yrs ago. She came with issues, I definitely think from abuse. Like they say a rescue dog from the pound will rescue you lol. She’s slowing down now she’s 14yrs old. There is nothing in this world like the feeling you get when a dog will give their life to protect you with out a second thought. We’ve faced off many black bear in the front yard she jumps in front and pushes me back with her rump. The bears only want the bird seed on the ground. I feel bad for anyone who hasn’t shared their life with a dog-that’s what it truly is sharing you never “own” a dog or anything living for that matter. Thanks for letting me rattle on lol

Please give me the strength to change what I can, accept what I can't change and the wisdom to know the difference.

Love and Respect Tony

• Hi -Lifer sadly could not see the video but my hat is off to Roxanne for seeing off Bears. oh my. What a brave girl. THe most my small uk townie dogs can see off is the odd skate board or scooter - The companionship from a dog goes beyond words, and hope your family are able to be of some use or support - I see from your profile you have and are going through a difficult time - sending you a wag 

• Hi again Nellie, Sorry you couldn’t view the video of the bear in the front yard. Please don’t be concerned about me, I’m doing remarkably well four yrs out from hearing that dreaded six letter word. My family issue is more on me expecting brothers to be more than they are. They live 1500 miles away, were  here for a wedding and didn’t even give me a phone call or visit. I am stage four now and at the time was going through radiation to both lungs. They both live on the internet and on Facebook show such concern and prayers etc. One good thing came out of it I’m off that phoney social site I’ve learned the hard way people show all this love and caring a hell of a lot more due to them being aware everyone else on there are ease dropping in on the conversation. Thanks again my self centered rant is definitely at an end now. Roxanne is starring at me right now to take her walking lol

Please give me the strength to change what I can, accept what I can't change and the wisdom to know the difference.

Love and Respect Tony

• my little terrier wants a go at a bear.......

• Oh good l've written one reply and its disappeared, but the heading was anonymous and said l needed to join this group, which obviously l already have. Now its come up with my user name, l can proceed (again)

So Hi everybody and don't get me started on Facebook peddler of lies and insincerity.

Hello lifer and Roxanne whst a beautiful brave dog you have. Sorry l can't see your bear pictures, l'd be made up if l could. We don't get many bears in England or penguins. Our little dog has stopped riding his pengiun like a space hopper as he has heart failure, but he still looks longingly into her eyes. Mind you he is still well enough to go hunting mice with the kittens,  not quite bears but all things are relative x

LouEbelle Heart
  • Perhaps he could practise on a teddy bear, shake, chuck and roll on, repeat

How have you been Nell? xx

LouEbelle Heart
  • I wouldn’t be surprised in the least your terrier would have a go at a bear. I had a shit-tzu previous to Roxanne and let me tell you no one ever convinced Tai he was little dog. Here’s Roxanne staring at me to go out again, bye

Love and Respect Tony

• It's not in same league as a bear and I dud feel a bit sorry for Barbie.   The dog found her on the street and carried her home.  

• It's not in the same league as a bear.......