Waiting 2

1 minute read time.

My mum is still with us.  She is fighting on, although is getting more pain as her organs shut down.  She is sedated and is being given painkillers through a syringe.  We take it in turns to keep a watch over mum and this morning, I woke up at 5.30am due to all the commotion in the house.  She was in a lot of pain and we called out the nurses, who upped her meds.  We thought she was going to leave us this morning, but she is still here with her.  Even though she cannot respond, I am glad that she can still hear what we say to her. 

It's difficult to know where my mum's pain is, because she is carrying it in such a dignified and graceful way.  Mentally, she is so strong and I admire her so much for this. 

We are expecting it any time.  As for me, I have had a school chasing me for work for the last few days (I work as a supply teacher).  It was a long-term, but temporary position.  At first, I said no to them, because of the circumstances and said that I couldn't come in for interview at the moment. But they kept calling me and I finally agreed to discuss the position with them. 

They wanted me to start on Monday, but when I explained the circumstances, they were unsympathetic and said they were going with someone else.  Being with mum is much more important to me right now. 

I have been so tired over the last few days.  I had an hour's nap earlier on this afternoon because I just felt so mentally shattered. 

Finally, I want to thank everyone on here who have been so kind with their good wishes.  I really do appreciate your support. x

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Yil,

We all know where your thoughts are at this sad time. But you have to look after yourself or you will end up being ill and that wont be any help your Mum or youself.

As for the  unsympathic School board. tell them to go and get stuffed.

Take care and be safe Big Hug for you and your Mum. Love Sarsfield.xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thinking of you all, and hoping your Mum's pain can be kept under control. Love Val X