Sunday morning scared of the week coming :(

1 minute read time.
Morning, I would add good infront of that but I am not feeling very good about things. My anxiety had me awake early this morning, for a second I wake up and think everything's ok. Then I remember about my daddy and the sick feeling kicks in. Sometimes followed by a rush to the toilet. Some mornings I feel positive but today is not one of them, thinking about how most stories I have read on lung cancer do not have a happy ending. My dad still doesnt seem himself which makes me feel that when we hear news this week it will not be good. He is still eating and messing around but seems fragile and tired I HATE THIS. Next week is going to be a scary one I think we will hear news and we are all going to feel on edge and I am sure my heart will keep stopping everytime the phone rings or the doorbell goes. My dad is trying to be positive and still playing the joker but I am fearing how he will be after the news, we are still hoping by some miracle that it turns out not to be cancer but we are kidding ourselves.
Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Nothing to add to all those wise and supporting posts. So I'm simply sending you love and hugs. I wish you strength to get through this hard bit and then beyond.

Take care

Jan x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi knicnic, everyone's already said what I've experienced myself & I've had tremendous support from all the youngsters on here, as well as those who are more my age (in years biut not in outlook, we're a feisty, stubborn bunch - like your dad, I think!).

Whatever happens, as LM said, we're with you & only wish that could be literally, physically so we could put an arm or two around your shoulders and comfort you.

So I'll just echo Jan -sending you strength, love 7 ugs and all the good vibes going.

Annie xxx 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I meant hugs, not 7 ugs!!!

• Thank you I really hope I can learn from your experiences and try find a positive attitude as finding it hard xxx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

All the feelings you have explained i have had and still have but you do become strong and look forward to each good day.  We had bad news last August but hey my husband has outlived all the expectations without treatment of any kind. He has put weight on and is quite well.  I have learnt to just love this time and not to look to far down the road.  I sincerely hope you get good news but if not you too will become strong expecially since you seem to have a loving family.  All the best. xxxx