The FOCUS is On Me!

1 minute read time.

Hello,

This is my Story!

I realized soon after my first breast cancer diagnosis in 2005 that my body as well as my mind will be seriously affected. But its only after my second diagnosis 2016 that I started documenting everything that helped me - on this ever-stretching road of Anger, Frustrations, Confusion, Fatigue, Pain and Boredom. Bored of the same story, a story that's lasting for 10 years and more? a story I'm tired to tell, and that bores me just thinking about it. So I pushed everyone away in search of a little bit of ''peace'', this time round I struggled to cope, I struggled to understand!..

I was looking for answers everywhere but in me. Then I realized. IT'S REALLY ALL ABOUT ME! I Can Make Some Changes and make my life better. I then removed the focus on anyone else, and anything else and put  The Focus on Me. I started looking into things that I could possibly do, to help Myself alongside the wonderful job that my medical Team is doing... 

I told myself this -

First of all, YOU did not chose to be unwell, it's not YOUR  fault you are struggling and you have no power to  take the  illness away.  

But the POWER that I knew I  have, and that I  can tap into to help my body, is MASSIVE . It's a power that I  can use daily for a better health. And this mindset helped me feel better and Win more  LOVE from the people I Love. Win LOVE? I hear you ask...

Well, I realized that  when you're affected by a TRAUMATIC news, the role of love in your relationships can  be  threatened.  In action, love is often replaced by other overwhelming emotions such as fear, grief, sorrow and unfortunately pity.  

So, paying attention to YOU will help you BE and FEEL stronger which in turn will make you LOOK capable and in control - and there will be no invitation or place for any other emotion but  LOVE. This is proven to be THE secret. A secret that is out in the open but not many pay attention to, because it's too simple! I decided to implement this in my life and I'm glad I am. The key I find, is to  strengthened myself from the inside out. This really have helped me in my struggle with  cancer  treatments. 

So, my blog posts will basically be talking about all these different things that are positive and that can continue to help me and whoever read it to Gain back more control and Enjoy Life as it is, with Plans to Improve it. 

Please let me know what you think, and please post Your ''#Looking After Yourself Tips'' here.

Thank you,

Grace.X 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Grace,

I like the sound of your blog so look forward to reading more!  I, too, feel very strongly about trying to find something positive out of all of this as well as trying to find what works and what doesn't when going through treatment.

I don't want to be consumed by cancer and have it invade every part of my life!  There are some things it can't touch and "I" am still there beneath the fog.

If we all share our positives then maybe it will help others...

Take care x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi QuietRose,

Oh my Gosh, You speak my language!..:))

Great! Thank you.

Please feel free to ask me to write about any specific topic you'd like or write something yourself. I will be here for you. We will be ''The Happy Soldiers Crew''..:)). I completely agree with the sharing of Positive Stories - to inspire others and to give hope and most of all, a new focus.

Thank you so very much for your post it means a lot.

I am hoping to write a blog post every week - Possibly Thursday. Also, you can drop me a line any time for a chat...

Thank you again, and take Good Care of Yourself. 

Grace.X