Self-examine!

1 minute read time.

I WISH I COULD STILL DO THIS...

In my strive to have a routine, and steps that will help my daily routine, I self-examined.

In my self-examination this week I've noticed my right shoulder and shoulder plat (surgery side) have been tender/painful like for ever now (was ignoring it) and I cannot lift it like the left arm...in fact, I have to be very careful with the whole arm. ''Arm at Risk'' stuff... So getting dress is often a challenge.

That small practical problem on my right means that I have to self massage that side daily, and I'm very careful how I workout, (don't we all  after mastectomy...) and most importantly, I am constantly checking and fixing my Posture. It's becoming very frustrating!..:)) My daughter tells me that I lean to one side when I'm standing or sitting. The thing is, I don't realize I do.

I Say - NEVER MIND!

The side  effects of breast cancer treatment affected my appearance as a whole, and I did feel overwhelmed at times. That's why, I just really prefer to talk about positive stuff. How I respond to my body challenges every week instead of how this is making me feel every day. My hair is growing back even though I'm still receiving one chemo drug.

So, this week I went to a hair dresser to sort out my now almost grey hair. Yes that's right! My hair is growing back grey!..:)) but that will soon be gone..:)) The lovely lady at the Salon will fixed it for me. She is a former breast cancer patient and she uses natural Hair dyes for cancer patients. I am quiet exited about that!

I cannot wait to see the new me.

Grace.X 

Anonymous