Laparoscopy and other physical exercises....

1 minute read time.

There was nothing amusing about the laparoscopy as far as I can remember.... I can remember my sister very kindly taking me off to Stoke hospital at very early o'clock... Standing around in the mizzle for a while waiting for the doors to be opened then getting to the day ward; which was typically hectic with the inmates and assorted relatives not being completely sure what to do with themselves... 

Being admitted consisted of the usual blood pressure tests and wot not... Asked the same set of questions which I seem to have been asked a gazillion times now...  And no, I don't have any allergies and am not diabetic fortunately... 

There were 6 of us blokes to the ward in various states of apprehension and a fair amount of milling about and repetitive questioning went on; after an hour or so I was wheeled off down many corridors to the anaesthetists who established that I still didn't have allergies and put me out.... 

There's nothing much to say about the recuperation as I didn't get any results... I did get big sis appearing at the end of the bed to whisk me away... Parking is awful at Stoke around 4 and much walking may be required... As well as struggling to find a space... Extremely tedious but hey ho, hopefully won't have to be doing it too often... 

The pain from the laparoscopy was completely gone after about a week... In time for me to do my respatory and Cardiovascular exercises..... 

Anonymous
  • I think that was one of the oscopy's I missed ! My initial diagnosis was by endoscopy via anaesthetic spray and tube inserted into the nose. I was concentrating on getting the tube down and breathing I finally opened my eyes facing the TV screen to see them nipping the tumour for biopsies. Within 40 minutes I had the results. 6 weeks after surgery I was in for a gastroscopy with the camera down the throat under anaesthetic spray to see what was causing me swallowing difficulties. Just part of the healing process, I was given a general cannula administered painkiller before the balloon was put down to dilate my gullet. I'm quite happy to give them a miss in future.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Firstly, I hope your healing is going well... And secondly... You managed to get off lightly! The laparoscopy was under general I should have mentioned... They go in through the stomach and up towards the gullet to inspect lymph nodes... While I was under they also took the opportunity to go for another Endoscopy... And while I wasn't around to make sure they behaved as it were... They must have used the really big pipe as my throat felr rather shredded following!