Is there a Bowling Green in Heaven ?

• Shifting Sands

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Tonight before I get to the blog I'd really like to give special thanks to those who have donated via Justgiving to the sponsorship effort which is looking to raise £10,000 for MacMillan. It really is much appreciated and is giving me a boost to see how many people out there are supporting me through this story. The team has now amassed to over 40 who are looking to climb Ben Nevis in late April and the training is well…

• Count your blessings

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I remember as a child my Grandmother and others would always say things to me like 'count your blessings' or 'be thankful for what you have'. As a child, that didn't really make too much sense if I'm honest and it's only recently that I have started to realise what these sentiments were actually supposed to achieve. In life we are encouraged to have things, to want things and to desire the things that we do not have but…

• A rough few days

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I'm not going to lie the last few days have been rough. I never really get ill, I sometimes get a cold or a light flu and when I do I'm usually the sickest man on the planet. Dealing with the effects of chemo however has taken me to another realm of sickness, one that makes me sit up and think bout how sick I have really been in the past i.e. not sick at all. It's C+5 (5 days after initial infusion) and I have had very…

• 1st Chemo Effect

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I've read a lot of posts and blogs about people dealing with or suffering from the shock of cancer and I have to say that there isn't a great deal of positivity out there but why would there be. I guess that people tend to use these vehicles as a means to expel the frustration and pain that wells up inside them and, just like me, getting stuff down on paper really helps. I promised myself that when I started this blog…

• 1st Chemo Session

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I'm not entirely sure how much of this blog will get finished tonight and to what level of detail or sense it will go. To be honest, I had a couple of shots of morphine on the way out of the hospital as I had some back pain as normal and I pretty much glided down the stairs and home. I am now sitting on the couch coming around from the day's events but am still in a semi lucid place, under a blanket and clutching a hot…