Is there a Bowling Green in Heaven ?

• Port-A-Cath Fitting

FormerMember
    FormerMember

On my first trip to Ross Hall I was presented with the option of a Port-A-Cath to help with the administering of the drugs over the course of the programme. The argument here is that the cannula is difficult sometimes to land in chemo patients due to the 'Chemo Vein' effect and that for long term patients the Port-A-Cath treatment is possibly a no brainer. For the first cycle I just went with the flow and had the cannula…

• The Circus

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I have never really been sick before, I reckon I've had less than a dozen sick days from work since 1995. I once ended up in hospital when I was seven after being hit by a car and can remember that I bent the needle of the tetanus injection I was being given due to my aversion for needles. Apart from that I spent a couple of days in hospital getting my tonsils out, again when I was very young. I can remember that I got…

• All gone a bit Pete Tong

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Again sorry folks as this blog becomes a diatribe of my suffering and how wrecked my life is becoming but as I have said a few times now, I'm using this mechanism to get the facts out to people who are interested and want to know as well as giving me an outlet for my suffering. I write this from my hospital bed, twisted in pain and unable to sleep.

On Friday I went into Ross Hall for a GI Endoscopy with Gastric Dilitation…

• Second round of Chemo

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It's been a while since I've had the energy or motivation to do anything never mind a blog post. The second round of chemo really knocked me for six and since then, I have struggled to do anything and it's only in the last few days I have started to resemble human form again. I'm still in a lot of pain and am taking a lot of morphine which also has the impact of eroding any motivation I have for tasks as it pushes me…

• Pain Management

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It's been almost a week since I last updated the blog and to be honest, even though friends and family are heartened by my writings and try and encourage me to do more, the last few days have been really tough and I have had no motivation to get the keyboard out. Today is an especially tough day for me though and I felt encouraged to get something on paper in order to stem the emotional roller coaster that I will no doubt…