Is there a Bowling Green in Heaven ?

• Back to the Circus

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Ok, so the elation of the weekend and the guys getting to the summit of Nevis whilst raising such a fantastic amount of money, is over cast slightly by the goings on of my cancer treatment in the back ground. As usual, I was dragged into the circus with the clown music running through my ears as usual as things happened and people throw drugs and procedures at me. Not one for clouding the facts and as I have always said…

• Smashed It !

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It's been a very emotional weekend to say the least. Our team that had set out to conquer the mighty Ben Nevis managed to reach the summit with no exclusions despite the large quantities of snow at the top and the threatening blizzard conditions. In saying that, all the good thoughts and prayers that went with the team must have had the power to guide the way as the team had some amazing weather at the top and could stop…

• A watershed moment

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Today has been a sort of watershed moment in this whole cancer episode. After trimming the edges and buzz cutting my scalp in an attempt to make it look respectable I eventually capitulated and have gone for the full on breaking bad bald scalp. I knew it would get to this point eventually but capturing my reflection in the mirror a few times today hasn’t made the process any easier as my paler than pale skin has a ghostly…

• One day at a time

FormerMember
    FormerMember

In December when I had my first endoscope at Nuffield and Dr Simon Dover and his nurse came into the room and told me I had a tumour, he said that I had a long road ahead of me. It was difficult at the time to really understand what he meant by either 'long' or 'road' but it was easy to realise that things wouldn't be the same and there would obviously be big life changes along the way. Since then, what has become abundantly…

• Port-A-Cath Aftermath

FormerMember
    FormerMember

For years I have always said that Apple products are just light years ahead of anything else and I fully switched my elegance from Microsoft after realising that this was just the 'norm' and that I used those products just because everyone else was doing it. It was a leap of fait at first but after realising that you can virtualise all of your favourite windows software and have that stuff anyway, life became a breeze…