Mums journey so far

Less than one minute read time.

Mum has just been told that her cancer has returned! In Oct 2012 she had a right lobectomy for stage 1b adenocarcinoma. The Drs didn't think she needed any follow up chemo.

Now May 2016 the cancer has recurred and spread to the pleura. Stage 4. She's been told only option in chemotherapy and maybe a clinical trial. She is going to see her oncologist on Friday at Clatterbridge and then we will find out options. She is not positive for EGFR or ALK mutation. 

Has anybody been in the same situation? 

Any advice would be really grateful.

Has anybody tried alternative treatments?  

Which cancer centres are the best?

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Wendybsouth, I am sorry to hear about your mums recurrence . Its always tough to hear it has come back.  Treatments are always advancing so never give up hope.  I am also a daughter of a mum who has breast cancer, my mum was first diagnosed in 2006 with stage 3 invasive lobular cancer.  She had a wide local incision at the time and chemo and 5 years arimadex. Then 6 years later it came back so they took the beast off. This time it was in two lymph nodes, so again chemo was given. They gave her tamoxophen this time as this can be given for 10 years.  Unfortunatly 10 weeks ago she went in for a routine endoscopy as she wasn't able to eat a lot and the histology came back that its in the stomach and one rib.  The stomach is a really rare secondry and I'm looking for advice myself as I cannot find much written about it.  We go see the oncologist tomorrow hopefully they will know how to help.  The only problem is that we live in a very remote place so knowledge is hard to come by. If I feel that we do not have all the information I have been told I can ask for a referral to the Royal Marstan Hospital.  Please let me know how your mum is getting on and never loose hope...