two and a bit months later still going on musnt grumbe.

1 minute read time.

so I havnt filled in the details of the surgery yet, I may or may not do a catch up ( memory is fading, bit like you forget the worst of giving birth - for me anyway.) 

I am cancer free, it has been cut out and gone, according to surgeon.

today, I still have a dressing on my boob, the scar has not completely gone, there is a huge black scab? that needs to fall off, if it was a normal scab on my knee for instance i would have picked away at it, just as well as the dressing is still there. 

I didnt realise how much it is upsetting me waiting and waiting for this to happen, although the size difference isnt much, I am due to go out to a party next weekend, I am getting so upset at what to wear, without an obvious dent in my chest line. , luckily i still have my long hair which i tied to the side which goes some way to covering up the difference.

my biggest annoyance is that underwear situation, bra is too tight /narrow round my side underarm , there is some swelling, a vest/ camisole dont have much support and is hot , and one of those bra-vest things also pulls at my underarm after a while, making it so uncomfy by the end of the day.and they are so ugly, so if it peeps out eukk.

I might have time this week to have a go at making a bra, whether i a/ have time and b / manage to make something wearable remains to be seen.

There are still many who are worse off than me, but my happy optimism is starting to wear now, the odd tear has set in. more of frustration than anything i think. i have move my 'deadline to Christmas' .........and there was I thinking it would all be done and dusted by now. i wish someone had said.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hiya,

I am sorry you're having the odd tear - but my god it's understandable. My mother-in-law uses post op bras from asda (I was totally shocked to find they do them!)

• thanks Phonix, only just read your note. I did find the asda soft bras, and also a soft top/bra thing in pound shop would you believe.  I also found some bra extender clips to make the back of my bra wider, oohh the relief,  no more tightness. 

I have also just bought a couple of soft bras in H & M Im just hoping the lage size is sufficient, but they seem a little less supportive ( not a real problem) BUT VERY VERY PRETTY.

i also made it to the party, everyone said i looked well... as they do, and I felt fine.

I have fortunately now got to the stage of implant inflation. I have had 2 'doses' of 50ml, but i am led to believe they had already put in 180 at the time of the operation.  I tried putting this amount of water in a plastic bag, just too see, I think I have another 200 to go, well thats after i managed to squirt all the water down my front haha. 

next thing to be brave about is a holiday. hubby want to go abroad, but I haven't been for so long anyway, and this has sneaked uner the radar with my confidence. so i seem to be finding many excuses, including my son who is / should be perfectly capable of looking after himself.   oh bugger Im crying now..

I need to persuade hubby that a small step first is what i need, but will he listen....... probably not, 

• well, we had a week in Cornwall, weather wasnt great, Dog took away a lot of the stress, as she was new to the sea, and travel.. but it has given me some more energy. Son survived, and I found some soft lacy bras in H & M. very pretty, have added a bra extender clip at the back, as the size isnt huge, but my back is quite wide anyway.

Have had another inflation, seems like one a month now, so i have now extended my 'deadline' to easter ( that will be a whole year since op) or even the summer. I am not resigned to the time its taking , just irritated.

• oh havnt written for ages, the inflation has been completed, .  the bras no longer fit!    I have one coconut and one sloppy puppy nose breasts.  bought a couple of cheap larger size bras to tide me over and ripped out the wires.!

my last appointment was a couple of months ago, seems like forever, the nurses at the hospital have become like friends, with all the visits, the next appointment is at my local outpatients, so I shall miss them.

I now have to wait tillmay for a deflation and measurement for replacement final proper implant. the waiting is startin to get me down, I dont feel i can plan anything too far in advance as I can see the light (operation) at the end of the tunnel, and dont want to 'miss the boat' as it were.

Husband doesnt 'get ' it. and seems to think i'm ok now......

trying to remain positive, as there  are so many worse off than me,

but to add insult to injury, I just got a letter for post 60 birthday present, suggesting I have a bowel cancer test, (kit to follow in the post)  grrr.

• Woo, primary are stocking a range of non wired bras with a deep underband. Very pretty and at £4 I won't worry about chucking them our after a few weeks. They are in s/m/l/xD if anyone's interested.

Im still awaiting next appointment as the one they gave me was at a different hospital, and they didn't have the right equipment. The surgeon was not happy

I have a one year on mammogram next week, for my left tit. Fingers crossed.