My story so far

• Final entry - posted by Ailsa's fiance, Nick

FormerMember
    FormerMember

This is Ailsa’s fiance, Nick. Ailsa had started writing this blog entry, which she was never able to post. As promised, I am doing this now, and have added some notes of my own at the end. Ailsa wanted to share her experience, so I think it important that this is posted.

I haven’t written a blog for a while. Since the last one I had my final dose of chemo, that was on the 4th January. After that it was time for…

• From my Mum

FormerMember
    FormerMember

My mum wanted to write a blog post - to show people her perspective:

"Seven days after chemotherapy, and at last Ailsa begins to emerge from the darkness of its side effects.

The signs are clear: not so pallid, a small but genuine smile and some

spontaneous conversation about the weekend and Christmas trees. Followed by

some dedicated time on social media and replying to messages. Concentration is

back and interest…

• 5th chemo done

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I have not written a blog in ages - it just shows how I'm getting on with life really. Getting back to work and being very sociable (and lazy). 

The last blog was written just before the CT scan after my third chemo (half way through the chemo). I got my scan results about 5 days later when Nick and I had an appointment with my doctor at the hospital. We were both nervous - but I was quite optimistic about the results…

• Chemo - 2nd and 3rd sessions done

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Since my last post I've had my second and third chemo sessions. 

I was way less nervous after the first one but still apprehensive. Luckily I went into the second one feeling pretty healthy (almost normal), this helped a lot with the side effects. Apparently if you're feeling bad before you start, any pain or discomfort just gets intensified after chemo. Rachel and Nick were both there for my chemo session, and my…

• Starting Chemo

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Since my last blog post, I started chemo and I'll say the positive thing straight away. I had one day of chemo almost 3 weeks ago, and saw the doctor yesterday. She is very encouraged because my cough/wheezing have almost disappeared at the moment. I got the impression she thinks it's because the chemo is working, which is really good news, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much (hard not to!)

I was…