about me :)

1 minute read time.

hello, i am james, in 2014 i was diagnosed the day before my 24th birthday on the 11 of march, i had noticed a lump on my testical and after having it checked, scans ect, it was confirmed that i had testicular cancer (teratoma) that had spread to my stomach and lungs. After having my testical removed i then had 3 cycles of Bep chemo, followed by a 9 hour op to remove the tumours in my lynthanodes, i then had another op to remove the tumour my lung, i was given the all clear in october 2014, through my time in hospital having ops ect, i have had blood clots and pneumonia, if anyone would like to talk about any of the things i have been through, either if they know someone who is or maybe heading that way themselves i would be very happy to. 

After not feeling great, lethargic, some sweats and back pains i have now been told i have 2 tumours in my left lung and one in my right and the sign of one in my chest, i have just got the the churchill hospital in oxford to start my TIP chemotherapy today, i will be having 5 days of chemotherapy then 12 days off to recover 4 times, i think spanning over 3 months al together, i still feel positive and will be going home on sataday on my birthday :) so at least i will be at home and my hair will just be having on still then so i can get some nice pics haha but i have a feeling this time around i wont be feeling so well because it is more intense and my second time having chemo. 

has anyone been through the TIP regime? if so how did you find it? 

I have heard all sort of number the last few days, like my cure rate and how much my tumour markers have gone up, but i don't really take them in, i always think as long as its not a 0 I'm ok :) i am going to try and post every day just about my daily problems and positives, i think it is always good for people to see what it is like for a person going through what we all have or people we know have. 

stay positive everyone :) 

much love james X

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi James,

I suffered with testicular cancer too back in 2013 and spent my 30th birthday in hospital. I wish I had been aware of these blogs at the time. 

I hope you feel a bit better for Saturday. Happy birthday. Stay positive.

All the best

Ryan