I just feeling back to 1/2 normal after a week in bed and 3 doctors apointments later and no Answers!!!!XXXxxx x x x

Less than one minute read time.

I don't go to the doctor much and I'm the type who didn't want to know the details my cervical Cancer. I keep my eyes closed through 28 radiotherapy with the nice staffs radio distracted me. I also kept them shut during labor of my child. Doesn't mean that I am not brave enough but if I see it its more real .I went through 3 brackatherapy operations and I never thought I could do them but I had it in my head that after all the horrible comes the new life to enjoy and be healthy lifestyle yummy mummy but no I am sickness and pain and tired and crabit all the time. I hate my body and it is not fair to go through all this and you can't even enjoy your life. Late effects are horrible and I lay at night or day with my eye mask on and wish I was back in the cancel center for someone to tell me I'm OK and not just going to die after all I went through to live. #wanttobeasurvivor.xxxxx.      xxxxxxxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh hun, I felt really sad when I read your post, and I can empathise completely. I did 30 sessions of radio, also with my eyes shut! 3 cycles of chemo and two small ops. I kept pretending it wasn't happening to me. But the effects of treatment told me otherwise. I thought I would never have my life back again, but two years on things have improved a lot. The fatigue stayed with me for at least 18 months. Then I started to notice things picking up a bit. The pain became less and I started to look to the future rather than dwelling on what had happen to me. You will be a survivor hun, you just gotta believe it! Xxxxx