First time I've done this

Less than one minute read time.

This is day one of this blog. I was never one to keep a diary and always took every day as it came. I was diagnosed last October 2014 with Ovarian cancer and like most people the bottom fell out of my world. I was a very healthy 46 year old with a full and active life. Hubby and I went through everything together hand in hand. Early July after major surgery and chemo, the letter came through for looks like nothing left and all traces have gone. Yippee said I now we can focus on getting back to work and living a normal life.

Needless to say that didn't happen and I'm on the emergency list for another major op and more chemo. Looks like the op should be done on Monday, just waiting for a confirmation call. Things will be a little different this time as Hubby and I will have a rough idea what is going to happen. Also this time we will have a little more support as I've found this site of you wonderful readers.

Thanks for reading

Kermy

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Kermy n' Moonbat,

Amen to that - Our daughter is a staff nurse in a CardioThoracic ward and they all work 13.5 hour shifts, alternating days then nights.

Part of a team of three with 34 beds on the unit. Patients who are pre and post surgery, administering drugs, doing obs, emergency admissions, many phone sessions chasing up stuff,  and all the reams of discharge paperwork I'm amazed in that while in 'the zone' they can still stay cheerful .... all while stopping the doctors from doing more harm than good :)

Angels Indeed :-)