Dying for a Cure - Over 1000 Sign Petition

1 minute read time.

Over 1000 people have now signed the petition on the Dying for a Cure campaign that I've set up calling on the UK Government to stop profiteering from cancer at patients’ expense and focus more on speeding up the delivery of more effective treatments that patients can access.

It is madness that cancer drugs are being developed and priced to maximise profits rather than maximise the number of lives saved, while so many people are suffering and dying for a cure. And a real kick in the teeth after everything the public has done to help fund cancer research, when new drugs that result from this research are being sold back to us by drug companies at prices the NHS can't afford, even when R&D costs have already been paid back many times over!

It's also shameful that many opportunities for potential new treatments are being missed because the system is overly dependent on the private sector and failing to attract investment in new discoveries that can't generate big profits, even if they've shown promise in laboratory studies.    

Cancer patients and their families are being let down by these fundamental failures in the system.

With support for the Dying for a Cure campaign growing, I've sent a letter today to the Secretary of State for Health, Jeremy Hunt, setting out the issues and sharing with him a sample of comments from supporters.  You can read my letter and the supporter comments via the following links:

If you haven't yet signed my campaign's petition, please take a look and consider signing it.  One voice can be ignored but together we can bring about change.

Sign the Dying for a Cure Petition

Thank you.

Anonymous