Cancer Reflections: Something Good from Something Bad

• Dying for a Cure - Over 1000 Sign Petition

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Over 1000 people have now signed the petition on the Dying for a Cure campaign that I've set up calling on the UK Government to stop profiteering from cancer at patients’ expense and focus more on speeding up the delivery of more effective treatments that patients can access.

It is madness that cancer drugs are being developed and priced to maximise profits rather than maximise the number of lives saved, while…

• Dying for a Cure - Cancer Campaign

FormerMember
    FormerMember

In October 2015 I lost my wife to ovarian cancer at the age of just 41. From the point of diagnosis she was forced to accept a punishing treatment schedule with systemically damaging side-effects and virtually no prospect of a cure, just so that we could have what little extra time together we could. Over a three year period I watched her suffer and deteriorate, as hope faded away, until she eventually developed untreatable…

• Cancer Widower's Letter to MP about Cancer's Tug of War

FormerMember
    FormerMember

The 4th February 2016 was World Cancer Day - a day to reflect on how cancer impacts our lives. I'm sure that many of us, including me, will be thinking about loved ones we've lost or who are living with cancer right now, but it's also a time to think about what we could do to bring forward the day when we no longer live in fear of cancer.

I wanted to share with you my thoughts on this in the form of a letter…

• Becoming a Cancer Widower

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Cancer Widower – I never thought I’d be describing myself as that. But at 4:50pm on 8th October 2015 my status as Husband slipped away from me, along with the woman I loved, and I joined the wretched ranks of millions who live in the shadow of cancer and its unstoppable trail of misery and fatality. On the front of the leaflet handed to me by a very caring hospice nurse was the quote “Grief is the price…