Chemicals in beauty and bathroom products

Less than one minute read time.

As part of this new journey in my life I have chosen to try and improve my health to the best of my ability. I look forward to life after  treatment and medication and therefore need to get my house in order. The first part of this is obviously diet but what else is going into my body? Having looked at my bathroom products 2 weeks ago I was dismayed and alarmed to discover how many potentially harmful ingredients are contained in my favourite shower gels, shampoos, moisturisers and beauty products. These include sodium lauryl sulphate, parabens,  dyoxins and many,many more. So I filled a large carrier bag with what was already in use and put unopened products in a cupboard to deal with at a later date. So what to use now? Of course I turned to the Internet. Good information found in Best Chemical free shower gel in UK (2018). And there are various alternative products I wish to find out about. 

My aim is to inform myself, my family, friends and anyone else close to me. As men and women on this cancer journey I feel that this information should be freely available. 

Lynn Erica 14/6/18

Anonymous
  • couple of years ago i decided to diy my bathroom products, i use coconut oil as a makeup remover, rose water as a toner (easy to make), and make my own body butter (fav receipe is from Wellness Mama website: shea butter, mango butter, coconut oil, sweet almond oil whipped up making a lovely mousse). unfortunately haven't found a good alternative to shampoo. soap nuts in the washing machine. got a lovely oil mix for giving my face an overnight boost.  love making this stuff, using it's even better lol  don't make soap cause worried bout using lye with cats about.. have made shower gel and various scrubs.  i usually add essential oils but think i mite pass on them at min, can be strong smelling. no water in the mix so they last for ages. if this is a route u want to take there are plenty sites online with loads of great ideas. i'v even made my own kitchen cleaner. once u start, it kinda gets out of control lol