left alone

Less than one minute read time.

Hi my partner passed away 3 and a half weeks ago after suffering with cancer of the larynx for less than 3 years. when he was diagnosed the doctors thought they could cure it but alas it was too aggressive. Now after 3 years of hospital appointments and hospital visits i am left alone trying to fill my days. Today is not a good day as he was buried 3 weeks ago today. I am sitting here looking out the window trying to make sense of something that I cant really understand and like everyone that has lost someone asking why.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Survived my husbands birthday yesterday I have a visit from his sister and her small 3 year old grand daughter she was saying they went to the grave and the little one wanted to bring a birthday cake for him it made me smile which I am allowed to do even though I dont feel like it but something small like that reminds me that I have a lot of good people and a lot of love around me.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Having a bad day today its the little things that get u down. I have just shaved my son who has cerebral palsy something my husband always did and over the last year while he was in and out of hospital I had to do it but always knew he would be home after about 2 weeks to take up where he left off but today really hit home that he wont b home ever again to shave his son.