VIN laser treatment recovery

1 minute read time.

It has now been 3 weeks since I had the laser surgery and I wanted to update you on recovery so far. For the first 4 days after surgery the area was completely numb - so going to the loo/walking wasn’t painful at all. Every time I went to the loo I used the shower head to wash down below. I also applied OptiLube (the one with local anaesthetic) three times a day for the first 2 weeks. 

After the first 4 days  I started getting pain when I went to the loo and showered (but not much pain when not doing those things!). About a week and a half after surgery the pain started getting a lot better and now have barely any pain.

The area looks like it is healing nicely (may turn out looking better than before the surgery!). 

I wore a pad every day for first 2 weeks but now don’t need one, I also used a dilator every other night (which was fine). 

I saw others had sitz baths regularly but my doctor suggested it would be too painful so I haven’t, but have had no infection or problems so far just by washing with water. It is a pain to shower after the loo and put on the gel but you get into a routine and get used to it. 

After 5 days of surgery I had a weeks work experience and so couldn’t shower after the loo during the day. So I bought a small spray bottle and put water in it so would use that instead. It is very painful going to the loo for about a week but I have absolutely zero pain or discomfort now! 

I went to see my doctor yesterday and he said it’s healing incredibly well. I can swim and have intercourse, do anything! As I am in no pain and it almost looks fully healed now. Doctor said skin is looking very healthy and is optimistic it’s looking like it removed the VIN. Don’t need to see him for 4 months now :)
Anonymous