Melanoma diagnosis

Less than one minute read time.

Hi my names Emma and I’m 26 years old, i was recently diagnosed with melanoma after having a mole removed off my ear... for the last week or so I have been suffering with constant headaches and am feeling sick all the time also feeling very tired.. I am wondering if any of this is connected? and if I should get hold of the hospital

When I went to the hospital I expected for them to discharge me I never thought it would be melanoma at the time I was in shock as I had gone on my own and had received this news and it’s only now that I have questions and no answers for them. 

Could these symptoms be connected with the melanoma or am I worrying about nothing ?

Thank you to anyone who reply’s. 

Emma x 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Emma,

I too have just been diagnosed with stage 1B melanoma (mole removed from top thigh). I see the plastic surgeon today then have an op in a few weeks to have more of the area removed and lymth nodes to the area removed. I feel the same as you! I’ve been thinking I bet it has spread as I have been getting sharp pains in my stomach and my ashma seems worse (so I’m wondering if I am being paranoid too). Maybe it’s the stress and shock we are going through (especially being so young- I’m 31). I would bring up any concerns you have with your next appointment or you could contact your nurse (did you get your nurses contact details in your information pack?). Wishing you all the best and I hope you stay strong and fight this x Sinéad

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Sinéad

Thanks for your comment I’m seeing the plastic surgeon for my next op on the 26th of this month.

The only number details I received was from the pre op nurse.

I’ve noticed over the last week I have had headaches in the left side of my head also last night my throat swelled up. I called the 111 lot and they sort of brushed it off ...

I hope Everything goes well with your op

Emma x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Emma

How are you doing today, I also have had a biopsy on my ear because of a 2mm melanoma mole, Ive already seen the plastic surgeon and I’m having more surgery and skin graft on the 26 April also a SLNB on my neck. I haven’t spoken to anyone else with ear melanoma, it seems to be more common on the leg.

Please let me know how you are.

Best wishes to you x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello there

I have had surgery number 2 on my ear a further 5mm has been taken off so I apologise if I do not make any sense I woke up from the anaesthetic at 1.40pm .

When I spoke with my consultant she confirmed it is very rare to get it on the ear. It is more common in legs and on the back.

I haven’t spoken to anyone else with melanoma either it was confirmed today that I have what is called nodular melanoma the type what grows inwards/ deep. So further test are happening in the next few weeks.

I hope your operation goes very well and if you need someone to talk to then please message me.

I wish the very best for you

Emma x

• Hi Emma I was diagnosed yesterday after having a mole removed on my back  3 weeks ago, I have to see a plastic surgeon to have a larger area removed and lymph nodes tested and removed, my worry is has it spread any where else, I was told months ago by GP over photo on txt that it was nothing to worry about, I had cortisone 6 weeks ago and asked another GP to have a look and got referred from there. I’m currently looking after my mum with stage 4 lung cancer she’s had 6 chemo and not been too good, my dad is in heart failure amongst other ailments so it’s tough with working 59 hrs a week in a stress full job too. Hope all goes well for you, take care x