My first post

2 minute read time.

Hi

This is my first post i dnt knw why i am typing this at half past 3 in the morning but maybe it will help me. My sister goes in tomorrow at 7am for a 2nd operation on her nose for skin cancer we dont know how far it has spread they wont tell us but we know the first operation didnt get it all and now we are all scared could it have spread further. This all because of yes dreaded sunbeds! My sister is 36 years of age has a wonderful son of 14 and and a loving caring fianace and she is my idol my hero my best friend and i am so upset at the thought she has to go through all this. It all started with a small bump on her nose that kept bleeding and going away thinking it was a spot until her gp noticed it and sent her off for a biopsy asap.well that biopsy turned out to be skin cancer but they couldnt tell how deep it went and if they got it all so now she has to go for another operation tomorrow to hopefully remove all the cancer and have a skin graft to rebuild her nose. All this because of vanity because she had to use sunbeds and had the mentality well i dont smoke or drink!. Cancer doesnt pick and choose its a horrible nasty desiease that needs to be beaten once and for all!!! My auntie has survived breast cancer and i have lost 2 grandparents and 1 greatgrand parent to cancer im not going to let it win!. Myself have had cin 3 pre cancerous cells and now am also looking at gettin myself checked out for a mole on by back i have ignored for a long time due to  ignorance and naivety that everything is ok and i havent the time. Well im telling u something cancer you are not taking my sister my best friend my hero and you are certiantly not getting me. Fingers crossed and prayers my sisters op goes well tomorrow and praying she gets the all clear.xxxxx cancer is evil its nasty but when it comes against a united strong front it will be beaten!!!! Love and prayers to everyone on this blog and keep fighting stand up to cancer it will not win and it will never beat us!!!xxxxxx

Anonymous
  • Hi there LoJLFC96 hello there I noticed you haven’t joined any groups yet, it sounds like your really worried about your sister and basel cell carcinoma. But noticed you posted in skin cancer group have you thought of joining, community.macmillan.org.uk/.../1150159 i Am sure you will get some advice from those who are going though it. The ask an exppert section you also posted in sometimes can take a couple of days to get a response. Hope your sister is does ok with her surgery I know it must be a crazy with worry time. I am no expert just another cancer patient with another cancer, but just wanted to say hello to say you have been heard and your not alone.