Depressed

1 minute read time.

Feeling depressed tonight and really don' want to live a life with my mum not in it she is my best friend and we are 2 peas in a pod. She has stage 4 cancer they think womb but test still on going and is in lining of the lung she is 72 well 73 next month. The doctors say it' treatable but not curable. They are taking ages to pinpoint what cancer and longer it' being missed the longer not being treated and will go terminal . 

When the time come and mum' no longer here I really don't want to live. I won' kill myself but I don' want a life with mum not in it. I am focussing on here and now and enjoying each day with mum. She is terrified and keeps begging me not to let her die it's horrendous and I am angry at cancer and shocked as cancer doesn't run in our family even tho I know it doesn't have too but more chance getting it if it does. 

It' come as a huge shock she had no symptoms and only go bleeding from womb when stage 4 they call it a silent killer I'm angry and terrified and spend my time reassuring my mum and giving her hope. 

Any advice or kind words I would be grateful 

Lucy xx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Lucy,

My mom 72 was diagnosed with Thyroid cancer stage4 in Nov last year. She is unable to eat solids and is on liquids since surgery in Nov. Her conditon is deteriorating since..now she cant walk, is confined to bed or wheelchair and I am looking after her myself. Reading your post I can relate all you say...my mom doesnt allow me to leave her thinking she will die as she finds it hard to breathe sometimes and chokes even on a sip of water. All I can say is...do whatever you can do for your mom in this time...she needs you...but if you have any friends or family who can help u for a few hours a week just to give you a bit of time for yourself or to be with your mom for even half n hour get someone to help you...sometimes we cant do it all by ourselves. Try and keep your mom happy...listen to some music she likes or read to her and get her started on eating healthy even for this little while. I dont know which country you are from but just read up and broaden your knowledge so you can discuss options with your doctors. Be informed. My mom is given less than 6 months to live...and everyday I feel helpless that I cant help her...i too hate this awful disease...

I know what you are going through...but be strong!! If you collapase no one is there for your Mom...so be strong no matter how hard it is. Just take one day at a time.

Hugs. Xoxox

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thankyou for replying I will have a look at lots of different things anything that can help

Much appreciated

Lucy xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Lucy

Very sad to read your post, ime feeling the same as you, devastated, just wanted to say , you are not alone, hope you can find some kind of understanding, totally know how hard it is, cannot imagine my mum not with me

Paul

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks Paula sorry about your mum too terrible isn't it all happening so fast aswell :( life is terr8bkenat time very cruel hope you are ok I spose we Just have to be dont we!

Lucy x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Yep we do

Mum sounds normal on the phone, find it hard to compose myself, ime not eating properly, stomach in knots,

And ime Paul, not Paula lol