My face now 2 years post surgery

Less than one minute read time.

As you can see from this picture the graft on my nose is hardly recognisable now and my forehead is covered by my fringe but in actual fact the scar has really faded anyway. I just wanted you all to see my pictures before during and after surgery for those of you who are waiting for or currently going through the same process that i went through 2 years ago and to show you that although at the time its hard to believe but there is actually light at the end of the tunnel. 

Sorry for the photos I posted being very unflattering but it's hard to find a decent photo of yourself when you're going through various stages of this process. 

I wish everyone going through this process a speedy recovery and all the best for the future 

Many Thanks for viewing I hope these pictures will help some if you 

Angie xx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Holy Cow Angie!  You are so beautiful :)  You look fantastic and I see no sign of the surgery now....simply amazing.  You also have naturally lovely skin I see - wow!.  Thanks for sharing your journey with us.  Very very very helpful.  I still have a way to go.  

Penelope xoxo

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hats off for posting your pics, and I think in the last one you look fantastic, it's a great result.

I also had a BCC on  my nose tip, outwardly much like yours, but mine was dealt with by excision, and a skin graft taken from behind my ear.  I have to say I think though your surgery has produced better results than mine !

Can I ask, ahw did you decide to have a forehead flap, rather than say a skin graft such as mine, or was that decision made for you ?

All the best to you.

PD

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Peneloperae

Aww thank you for your kind words. I'm glad that my posting these pictures can help you see the final results. I know at the time its hard to believe your face will look any different but I'm living proof that it does. Keep up the good healing process I'm sure that your results will be as good as mine

Take care

Angie xx

Hi patchy drizzle

Thanks for looking at my blog. It's hard going at the time thinking that your face will ever look the same again but seeing results like mine it gives people a bit of hope that all will be ok. I was given the choice of having it "scooped out " as they said when i saw the dermatologist so I'm thinking this way would of meant a graft also but when I asked about the cosmetic side of things she said I would probably be left with a dent on my nose end which I wasn't liking the idea of. I told her I wanted the best possible outcome for cosmetic reasons. I'm far from being vain believe me. I don't mess about with my skin and only wear cosmetics if I go out but I didn't want my nose to be left with a visible dent. She then referred me to a plastic surgeon who suggested the forehead flap. I researched it and was horrified at first and scared at how I would look but I'm glad a few weeks of scaring myself in the mirror everyday and a bit of discomfort gave such good results. My nose end is slightly thicker than it was but nothing for me to moan about. The feeling is nearly all back although it does feel like rubber to me when I touch it. The scars are barely visible if you didn't know if had surgery so I can't complain. I would recommend this surgery to anyone in our position.

Hope this has answered your questions feel free to ask any more.

The care

Angie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Peneloperae

Aww thank you for your kind words. I'm glad that my posting these pictures can help you see the final results. I know at the time its hard to believe your face will look any different but I'm living proof that it does. Keep up the good healing process I'm sure that your results will be as good as mine

Take care

Angie xx

Hi patchy drizzle

Thanks for looking at my blog. It's hard going at the time thinking that your face will ever look the same again but seeing results like mine it gives people a bit of hope that all will be ok. I was given the choice of having it "scooped out " as they said when i saw the dermatologist so I'm thinking this way would of meant a graft also but when I asked about the cosmetic side of things she said I would probably be left with a dent on my nose end which I wasn't liking the idea of. I told her I wanted the best possible outcome for cosmetic reasons. I'm far from being vain believe me. I don't mess about with my skin and only wear cosmetics if I go out but I didn't want my nose to be left with a visible dent. She then referred me to a plastic surgeon who suggested the forehead flap. I researched it and was horrified at first and scared at how I would look but I'm glad a few weeks of scaring myself in the mirror everyday and a bit of discomfort gave such good results. My nose end is slightly thicker than it was but nothing for me to moan about. The feeling is nearly all back although it does feel like rubber to me when I touch it. The scars are barely visible if you didn't know if had surgery so I can't complain. I would recommend this surgery to anyone in our position.

Hope this has answered your questions feel free to ask any more.

The care

Angie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Angie, 

Thanks for the reply. I had my skin graft done twice.  The first time I ended up with a dent.  What an awful time of my life that was.  I had to battle many negative feelings and emotions as a result of that.   That was an operation by a maxilofacial surgeon.  

So I went to see a plastic surgeon, and he took the old graft out and popped in a new one. Not perfect but he made sure it was thicker, so I no longer have the dent.  I don;t think it's as good a result as yours, but I am ok with it, much better than before. thankfully!

I get the impression nose tips are a tricky area to deal with.

Once again, best wishes.

PD