Lung cancer

Less than one minute read time.

Hi all I'm new to this. Was diagnosed  lung cancer  3 days before  xmas.  Have managed to keep myself together  and soldier  on. Am awaiting op to remove tumor.  But I find all this waiting  is the most hardest  time of all. Anyone else the same?

Anonymous
  • Hi Susan,

Welcome to the online community although I'm sorry that you had to join. The site is full of supportive people who can help you through your treatment by sharing experiences, worries and tips.

Do you mind if I suggest that you join the Lung cancer group - just click the link. You should find that you get more replies there from people in similar circumstances.

The waiting is most definitely one of the worst parts of treatment, I did find it easier when I had a date for my op but I couldn't wait for that date to come to get everything taken away (my cancer was in my womb).

To keep busy I thought about all the things I needed to take to hospital and got my house ready for getting home (made sure it had a good clean and done all the jobs I wouldn't be able to), some people even fill their freezers with easy meals too.

Lots of love and good luck for your operation

Xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Susan, I’m new here too. I was diagnosed with ovarian in 2017 and secondary in lymph nodes. I totally understand how you feel waiting for surgery, it’s terrifying, so are the scan results, all of it. Although I can remember those feelings, I think things do settle a bit in your mind as you get further down this road. Still a living nightmare though. Xx massive hugs

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you both .

• FormerMember
    FormerMember
    <p>Hi there. We&#39;ll I had my operation&nbsp; February&nbsp; this year to remove most of my left lung and lymph&nbsp; nodes..was coping quite well... did have a couple of chest infections after surgery.&nbsp;</p> <p>The only thing is now&nbsp; 7 months after the op I&#39;ve become anemic. Had another chest infection and plurasy and a sinusitis infection. All this within a month just recently.&nbsp;</p> <p>I now have oral thrush too many antibiotics&nbsp; I should think. I feel so ill and washed out. Blood tests said my infection has now cleared up. But it&#39;s made the scar tissue from the op very sore.. and I&#39;m worried about this cough I have developed and the breathlessness although they have been a little better today. I have spoken to my lung cancer nurse.. who advised me that I was still recoBlushring&nbsp; from my chest infection..I am worried as it seems that as fast as I&#39;m trying to build up my immune&nbsp; system. I get so far then I go down with something else..&nbsp; has anyone else&#39;s&nbsp; immune system&nbsp;Blusheen slow to recover.. I never had any chemotherapy.&nbsp; &nbsp;Kind regardsBlush</p>
  • Nelly just to say I found waiting for treatment so anxious. I’m having radiotheraphy and chemo tablets, they are going for cut