Eventful week

1 minute read time.

So the start of my week was finally saying goodbye to mum, funeral was amazing and such a lovely turnout, but so emotional. Family from afar wanted to discuss me and treatment but I wanted to remain focused on mum before I could face my situation. Amazing of them all to be so concerned though.

Tuesday saw an early start as needed to be at the hospital for 7.30am, after chatting with surgeon and signing all the forms it was time for the proceedures to begin. a coil was fitted into my tumour in an ultrasound, then I needed a mammogram to check positioning correct, then injected with radioactive die ready for my biopsy. A wonderful nurse walked me to day surgery where I was prepared and taken for my SLNB.  i awoke very sore and extremely tired, could barely keep my eyes open on the journey home and indeed crawled straight into bed as soon as in sleeping for 13 hours in total.

Wednesday we returned to hospital to meet oncologist and discuss chemotherapy, lovely dr and I was made to feel so at ease that it was difficult to feel any aprehension  to what lied ahead. 

Thursday I returned to work, and it was excellent to feel normal again. Loved being back in the driving seat and taking control of my domain, without anyone telling me I needed this and ths doing.

Today we have returned to oncology to sign consent form for the chemo, and to arrange the first cycle. As I haven't had results of SLNB i ave been booked in for CT, bone and echo scans on 25th Jan, followed by chemo on 29th.

i must admit to feeling slightly nervous about the chemo and all the side effects, but am remaining strong and determined to be as robust as I can be.

Anonymous