Another step forward

Less than one minute read time.

So we saw consultant today, I have grade 2 25mm ductal carcinoma and need to have a sentinel lymph node biopsy Tuesday. So decision made to tell dad and my youngest girls tonight as family coming up over the weekend ahead of mums funeral Monday. Dad took the news better than I expected and it was a huge weight lifted from my shoulders knowing i don't need to hide any longer. There were tears of course and lots of hugs but he was amazingly suportive.

my girls were tougher, very tense and scared so huge cuddles were needed. I have reassured them as best as I can that it isn't anything to worry about and that we can get through it together.  All in all though feeling a lot more positive than last week and feel that I have made a huge leap forward 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Penny

Just read some of your other posts. So sorry about your Mam x

It sounds like you got some much needed clarity from the hospital today so I hope that helps you.

Although our family has had more than it's fair share of tragedy, cancer hasn't played a big part in it up to now.

Joining this site is a real eye opener for me. So many people going through it...coping....such bravery.

I hope you and the family get through Monday ok. You will be in my thoughts.

Gayle x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks Gayle has been a tough month of tears and worry, but feel I'm on the road now. I know it's a long one but I am lucky to have some good support. This site has helped too with some amazing people in similar situations to help understand you aren't alone. Good luck for Monday, it's the waiting between appointments I've found hardest xx 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi,

I also lost my mum too cancer 2 years ago. I can understand that part of your heart ache. That's devestating news to hear just after loosing your mum. I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope everything goes well for you. Your mum will guide along the way. Keep your head up as best you can & always keep the faith. Good luck for everything xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Lots of love to you all xxx