More tattoos and faffing with Radioactivity set up

1 minute read time.

So, March 2018 update: been devouring cancer advice books. Read Cancer Whisperer by Sophie Sabbage and although as I read it I kept thinking "this is not me", one thing I did get from it was the idea of working out what my one priority is. So just like that I have turned a corner and realised that my priority is to be pain free. So, as a consequence of this decision, I've been to see GP to get some morphine based painkillers (Oramorph & Zomorph) and decided to follow advice and actually take them. Also asked about my arm pain and was told I could have some more radiotherapy - so another 4 doses booked. As an afterthought, just as we were measuring me up I asked "is there any reason why my sternum can't be done too?" Turns out no, there is no reason (why on earth have I put up with this so long?) so quick re-measure and adding some new tattooed dots (my old ones were a bit blurred and my body appears to have sagged over the years...) and got my sternum done at same time. Last of the 4 sessions was today so now we wait.

I'd forgotten about the faffing that has to be done to get you lined up. First the Vac Bag - really? can't someone find some better system? This is how it goes (for anyone not had it yet): you lie on big blue bag, 2 people form it around you. One of the people then lets go to run across room to press button to let air out then runs back to grab bag to form it around you - meanwhile it fell off, so he has to go back to button to let air back in, then come back, reform and again - this is done about 15 times before he decides we need a third pair of hands. Confusion caused by vague instructions: "let it in" meaning "let air out" didn't really help. Surely, at least, someone could design a remote control OR put the on/off button nearer?

Anonymous