February 2018 Update

1 minute read time.

Latest CT scan (4th) showing continued improvements to lungs and stable sternum & ribs. Finally beginning to believe in the treatment. My arm has flared up again after being better - had an X-ray but not heard more so I guess it's nothing to worry about. Onc has said he will request another mri for my hand but I'm getting used to that. Went to Penny Brohn in Bristol - it was mindblowing. difficult to put into words the excitement & positivity I feel. I had been trying to deal with body, mind, emotions & spirit as separate things not realising they are all connected.

Lots of relaxation techniques and mindfulness. Advice on healthy eating - most of which I was already doing.

Arriving on bike, as always, a good ice breaker as everyone seems to have a story about a bike they used to ride, that their dad used to have, that they'd like to have etc. Also as I rode home in the Bristol rush hour, I was pleased I wasn't in a car.

Nearly a year since this journey started and I think I finally am dealing with it. Acceptance rather than resignation was a phrase I liked. 

Anonymous