Play-In 2018 underway ...

1 minute read time.

The Play-In concerts are a great opportunity for Richmond Orchestra to practice fundraising and extending out to the wider Richmond society to raise awareness of Macmillan Cancer Support. We work with Macmillan Cancer Support East Sheen to organise this ambitious and unique event. The Play-In concert is open for anyone to participate and we strongly encourage anyone who has a bucket list item involving performing with a symphony orchestra to get involved.

2018 will be my first Play-In concert with the orchestra and I am already excited to see how successful the day will be. There is no doubt that there is lot of organisation behind the event and much of this is well underway. We have met the East Sheen Macmillan Cancer Support group, we have booked the venue and we have advertised the play-in through our posters and networks of people and organisations. We now need to establish the running order, make sure we have all the music and musicians ready and continue to raise as much donations as possible in the meantime.

We do have places still available for anyone to still to join in. My suggestion would be to contact Richmond Orchestra directly for further information if you are interested. We are taking requests for soloists, concerto's, conducting the orchestra, or requesting a certain piece of music played in dedication to you or someone you know.

We really want to see the 2018 play-in concert to be as successful as previous years which have seen returns of approx £14,000.

I will keep you up to date with progress through this blog and hopefully bring you some enlightening musical stories.

"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything." Plato

Anonymous