Week 3 of 6 Day 15 of 30

Less than one minute read time.

Todays radio session was the half way mark, we look on the next 15 as the way out of this awful treadmill, 3 more chemo days, then the fingers crossed stage for the all clear.

The other half is a lot worse today really really tired and just not eaten much at all today his mouth is so sore even with using mouthwashes, he managed a scrambled egg and less than half a bowl of soup.  He did had half a tub of Fortisip but he hates it.

Well its Christmas Eve, nothing exciting in this household,  2 adults however; we do have 2 gorgeous grandchildren and we will see them on Christmas Day, they make you smile.

3 Days break now before back on the treadmill on Monday.

Goodness known how he will feel by then but I will be asking for some feed he can put in his tube on Monday, the day as come that is will need to be used now.

Wishing anyone reading this a Merry Christmas or at least a restful and peaceful evening for you and your family.  

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi, I have just discovered this site. I finished 7 weeks of chemo and radiotherapy for left tonsil/lymph node cancer on dec.11th. Sounds like what your husband is going through is par for the course.

I never thought I would use my peg , hated fortisip and survived on omlettes for the first 3 weeks of treatment. Then all the side effects hit me.

Now my burnt neck and shoulders have returned to normal already .

I still can't eat by mouth but I can now swallow better.

The peg has now become a godsend , I am quite active as I have 2 dogs , so I can at least ensure 2500 calories a day are onboard. Not being able to eat 'normally' can upset me emotionally occassionally. Luckily I have a very supportive partner. Things do get better slowly, day by day,as soon as radiotherapy ends. Good luck and best wishes to you both. Peter.