Week 3 of 6 Day 13 of 30

Less than one minute read time.

Well we are nearly half way now and the other half is even more tired, not eating much at all, he was 16 stone at the start goodness knows what he is now.  Managed 2 scrambled eggs, half a sandwich and a minute amount of mince and mash, not enough.  His throat pain is getting worse by the day.

He said after todays session he does not see the point of it anymore Radio is making him really ill whereas he was not feeling ill at all until cancer was discovered.     Just got to keep reminding him that the outcome will be worth it 15 January not far away then he starts on the road to recovery.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Been following your blog for a while now.

So sorry you are both going through this, radiotherapy is hard work, I finished mine at the end of November and found the side effects and burns were awful.  It continues for a couple of weeks after also but it does gradually get better.  I promise.  If it does its job it will be worth it.

I see it as a month lost to gain hopefully many more in return.

I hope that your other half is able to just take one day at a time and with your support I am sure you will both come through to the other side xxx