Week 3 of 6 Day 12 of 30

1 minute read time.

Oh dear the other half is really not well at the moment, he had radiotherapy on Saturday this last week so that was 6 consecutive days.  On Sunday his throat was really sore and constantly complaining about he spots all over his face, throat and neck. 

Attended for Chemo today and radiotherapy, he also had a CT Scan which he was not aware of at the time, like most blokes he did not ask why.  I am presuming it is to monitor changes since start of treatment.

Eaten very little today, tried shepherds pie for tea but barely eaten a child's portion, chocolate chip ice cream went down a little better.  He as also taken some painkillers today that he was given at his chemotherapy appointment, taking there time to kick in apparently.  He is almost half way in his treatment now and going down hill fast.  He's loosing weight now also, not sure how much no scales at home, but I can notice and see him every day.  He tried one of his drinks yesterday (Fortisip) he said it was like a dessert and not keen, goodness knows what he is going to eat.   He does have a RIG fitted and I imagine it will not be to long before he is using this.

He is setting himself a target of reaching end of treatment this side of Christmas (Christmas Eve) then he gets 3 days off, at the moment I think he will spend most of that asleep even though he tries to keep going he is finding it more difficult now.   

He is trying to get some fresh air everyday even if only for a very short walk.

As a partner you feel so bloody useless there is nothing you can do, especially as he gets rather cranky sometimes.  He's experiencing difficulty talking  and sometimes I can not hear what he says but to ask him to repeat himself really frustrates him.  I am trying really hard to be patient.  Roll on Christmas Eve when he gets a break and I finish work for a week and half, as least I will be able to drive him for his treatment after his 3 days off.

Anonymous