Be more Zebra

• Feeling low

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well this has come as a bit of a surprise, I'm a practical pragmatic person, so can't say I've really suffered any lows since diagnosis, even when my treatment veered towards the gruelling side I didn't feel this low, a few tears with the pain but quickly back to being able to function, all be it at a lower level.

I've gone back to work four days a week, maybe that's too much too soon as I'm now physically…

• Counting Calories

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So as I move away from a life dominated by cancer and appointments, it's time to try and start feeling a little like me again.

I'm the heaviest I've ever been weighing in at 11 stone, I'm happiest at around 8st 10lbs, apologies to those of you who use those new fangled kgs I have no idea what it translates to. I'm still feeling swollen I assume from the steroids, but I also have a fair amount of joint pain…

• Hysterectomy.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

If you are sensitive or easily embarrassed then this post is probably not for you.

Since my surgery I have noticed that there seems to be an awkwardness around gynaecological cancers that doesn't present itself even with breast or testicular cancer, I have no idea why this is, the awkwardness varies from apologising fo TMI, to having all sorts of pet names for the vagina then there's that strange thing where people mouth…

• Progress

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I returned to work on a part time basis 17 days after my last Chemo, it's lovely to be back after nearly 3 months off, my colleagues make me laugh and it's good to have some structure and normality that doesn't revolve around hospitals. I'm doing three full days a week, tried to do two days in a row but this was a little too much.

Next week my husband and I have a mini break to Brussells booked, so something…

• Chemotherapy

FormerMember
    FormerMember

When the nurse called me three weeks after my hysterectomy, she told me that due to the aggressive nature of the cancer I would need chemotherapy, at this time I thought I was only dealing with cervical adenocarcinoma.

I thought I knew a fair amount about chemo, how wrong I was.

My first meeting with my oncologist still didn't reveal the name of my cancer, but I was shocked to find that the chemotherapy wasn't being…