Dearest Darling, the Love of my Life

1 minute read time.

You've left me. Dear god how much pain, how much agony and how much sheer misery I saw you go through. Watching it all helplessly. Not even able to touch you because of the horrible lymphoma on your shoulder and its spreading out pangs of pain. Not able to comfort you, not able to hold you, not able to hug you. For all those months and months.

And then for you to leave me all of a sudden! I am distraught. I am left with such a massive hole! How could you do this to me? What was lacking in my love that you left me? Can you see me from where you are? I still cant believe you have gone forever. This is just a lie. How can you leave me, it is still not even half time.

You and I are bestest mates. You and I are a whole. How can you leave me behind? How comes I am still breathing? With your cardiac arrest, shouldn't my breath have been taken away instead? Why did your brain injury not switch the life out of me? How did this body continue to stay alive when you my soul had departed?

And I couldn't even hold you. Hug you. Touch you. For so long. I am now in a misery of my own where I only see you, and then don't see you, which causes so much pain its unbearable. 10 days in hospital, less than 24 hours home, 10 more days in coma in hospital and then just a slow release and you went skywards. Calling me out. Whilst I entrusted you back to Him for your journey onwards. 

Please be happy where you are. Remember my love was always there for you, and will remain always. 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Ah. Such beautiful words. So much agony. Its given me a pain rite in my chest. I cant imagine wot ure going thru & wot uv already been thru. Life just seems cruel & unfair sometimes. Uve made me feel so utterly gutted for you and ur family. So so sorry huni. Sending you the strongest of hugs. God bless all of you. Xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sending love and hugs x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you Tillytotts & steph28. I am too overcome with grief, sorrow, and regret at if onlys. My mind is no longer mine. It is mine for a fleeting moment then it runs wild, tormenting me even more, leaving me in darkness and chaos. I just thought of pouring my heart out here to try come to terms with what has happened. I can't undo the past, but I keep revisiting the past, and keep hurting more than feeling the solace of having spent 19 beautiful years with my first and only love. I dont know how to continue this life without my darling husband. His absence has left me empty inside. I dont see a point in living this empty life. What is the whole point, I dont have him anymore, I dont have a reason to smile anymore. It wasn't his time to go. It isn't right, I have been robbed. And it hurts. I wish upon God for so many many times that this is not real, but I dont seem to be waking up. 

Sorry for carrying on. I am such a sad loser.