Day one.

Less than one minute read time.

I'm just killing time now until my appointment time - 15:12 pm to be precise, though I have been asked to attend early, presumably to be issued with the RT uniform of choice for the duration of the treatment.

I had the mask made up on my previous visit, slightly uncomfortable, but I can imagine how unpleasant the experience would be for anyone remotely claustrophobic. Then a CT scan wearing the mask with an injection (I hate needles) of contrasting fluid. I usually present with a fairly obvious vein for this, but on that occasion it took three attempts, I was squirming!

It seemed like a friendly and informal place as people more advanced in their RT regime came and went, so I am optimistic that I won't freak out today.

Since that last appointment I had a lovely week in sunny Spain with my lovely wife and moody teenager, being especially careful not to get any sort of burn. This was not as hard as it might have been as said daughter is some sort of goth/emo and spent the entire time hiding from light.

Feeling rested and as ready for it as I will ever be. Here goes.....

Anonymous