Chemo cycle #3

1 minute read time.

This cycle was postponed by a week and the extra recovery time has been very beneficial for all of us. We've had some lovely family bonding time (during which my middle child learnt to ride her bike with Daddy!!) and my husband and I feel more prepared psychologically for the next cycle. Most importantly, my neutrophil blood count came right up to 3.7 which is higher than it was before cycle 1 (2.2) and well above the threshold of 1.5! Really thankful for this. Good old bone marrow.

I managed not to faint when they put the cannula in this time. I just didn't look and tried to concentrate on a magazine -failed in this but it worked anyway!

Chemo was uneventful so we got through quite quickly. I wore a glove beforehand so we didn't waste time trying to warm my hand so the nurse could find a vein. This was effective.

It was at the end of the day and I was quite tired and didn't feel great by the time it finished. But the advantage of having it late in the day was that I could come home and go straight to bed rather than hanging around waiting for the effects to kick in.

It is now the day after and I haven't vomitted at all so God willing I probably won't now. I was wretching first thing but because I hadn't eaten much the previous evening nothing came up. Breakfast, ondancetron, cyclizine and steroids put a stop to this and since then I've stayed in bed listening to Pride and Prejudice and trying to drink plenty.

Anonymous