The start of it all...

Less than one minute read time.

During mid 2012 I developed what I thought was tonsillitis have suffered frequently with it as a young child & teenager. The glands on the right hand side started to swell so went to my local Doctor. She prescribed a 7 day course of penicillin which has always worked previously.

7 days came & went & it didn't touch what I thought was an infection whatsoever. I returned to the surgery the following week, as I was working away as a business improvement consultant. She wanted to prescribe the same treatment for another week. I challenged that with there now being a much larger swelling in the glands area on the right hand side. She reluctantly agreed & organised a fluid extraction for diagnosis. Another week passed & the test was performed. It proved inconclusive.

Back at the local surgery the following week & with the swollen area growing by the day I became increasing concerned. A biopsy was then scheduled. 2 weeks later it was performed & the following week a letter arrived for my next appointment booked with oncology...

Next...the Maxillofacial oncology appointment

Anonymous